A girl named Elastika is a pin/elastik stop motion creation by the talented Guillaume Blanchet. The adventure starts with Elastika defying the odds of what girls normally do everyday . She’s a skycraper parkour, drives way too fast, sailing a ship, looking for Wilson and more! Have a look at this amazing stop motion video and you’ll see the hours of dedication it had to take to get this done.
A Girl Named Elastika
The video has also won a score of awards:
- KLIK! Amsterdam Animation Festival 2013
- Reel2Real Film Festival 2013, Vancouver
- Stuttgart International Festival of Animated Film 2013
- Big Cartoon Festival 2013, Moscow
- Anima Mundi 2013, Brazil
- Annecy International Animated Film Festival 2013
- International Leipzig Festival 2013
- Seoul International Cartoon & Animation Fest. 2013
- World Festival of Animated Film 2013, Bulgaria
To name a few! Go check out the rest of the impressive array of awards here.
Thank you Anica (who’s also a Stop Motion fan), go read her tweets at @Tallstoryteller
As an Amazon Associate we earn commission from qualifying purchases. This helps us keep our dream alive to be able to write content on subjects we love and create opportunities to connect people through our social media platforms, helping them to network and build professional relationships. Thank you for your support!
Ruan Smit started Pixelsmithstudios with the vision of creating a new design orientated environment of sharing, learning and expertise development amongst local Animators,Illustrators,Game Developers and VFX artists in South Africa.