ParaNorman was a great breath of fresh air in the stop motion animation world. But what would you expect from Laika, the studio which also created Coraline (2009). This stop motion film is the second animation to be shot in 3D, which just makes it that much more appealing to watch.
The story is a comedy horror about a young boy who can talk with ghosts, and obviously no one believes him and thinks he’s a loony, even his parents. They quickly change their tone when the town is besieged by ghosts and only he (and a few “friends”) can stop it.
Watch a timelapse of the ParaNorman animators at work
How Characthers are made
CAST for ParaNorman
- Kodi Smit-McPhee gives voice to Norman Babcock
- Jodelle Micah Ferland gives voice to Agatha “Aggie” Prenderghast
- Tucker Albrizzi gives voice to Neil Downe
- Anna Kendrick gives voice to Courtney Babcock
- Casey Affleck gives voice to Mitch Downe
- Christopher Mintz-Plasse gives voice to Alvin, a school bully
- Leslie Mann gives voice to Sandra Babcock, Norman’s mother
- Jeff Garlin gives voice to Perry Babcock, Norman’s father
As an Amazon Associate we earn commission from qualifying purchases. This helps us keep our dream alive to be able to write content on subjects we love and create opportunities to connect people through our social media platforms, helping them to network and build professional relationships. Thank you for your support!